Slide 1 - Kids reading on floor
Teacher with two students
Teacher with flash card
Teacher in library with students
Teacher reading to little kids
CRA would like to congratulate the 3 winners of our annual awards!
Types of Awards and Winners
CRA Outstanding Administrator Award: Khary Fletcher, Old Saybrook Public Schools
- This is an annual award from the CT Reading Association that recognizes an administrator (reading administrator, superintendent, assistant superintendent, principal, assistant principal curriculum director, etc.) who has effectively motivated, inspired and supported others in the promotion of literacy. This individual upholds equity in their work by actively working to remove barriers to academic success through administrative efforts.
CRA Literacy Leader Award: Kara Hennessey, Coventry Public Schools
- This is an annual award from the CT Reading Association that recognizes literacy coaches, consultants, library media specialists, and literacy specialists that have promoted literacy instruction in their schools.
CRA Award of Excellence: Erin O’Hara, Manchester Public Schools
- This is an annual award from the CT Reading Association that recognizes a teacher in Connecticut who has made an outstanding contribution to excellence in literacy instruction.
CRA Grant Winners
7 educators throughout the state have won $750 to spend on literacy projects in their schools! Congratulations to:
- Jessica Giuliano of Ana Grace Academy of the Arts Middle School in Bloomfield
- Christina Herrick of Ellington Middle School
- Sandra Felicissimo of Florence E. Smith Stem School in West Hartford
- Lisa Valinsky of Reed Intermediate School in Newtown
- Matt Kyer of Coventry Grammar School
- Marika Heughins of Stonington Middle School
- Jeff Helming of Anna Reynolds School in Newington